Welcome to the new website of the Shorinji Kempo Leeds dojo! We are dedicated to teaching the Japanese martial art of Shorinji Kempo in the Leeds area.
Shorinji Kempo is a diverse martial art, combining traditional and modern aspects. Our training comprises, among other things:
- Goho, or hard techniques (strikes, blocks, evasion);
- Juho, or soft techniques (releases, throws, joint locks);
- Seiho, or therapeutic massage;
- Zazen, or seated meditation;
- Tetsugaku, or philosophy study.
Studying Shorinji Kempo has many benefits, but the three key goals are:
- Build a healthy body;
- Cultivate a healthy mind;
- Develop ability in self-defence.